SILENT RETREAT WITH NORBERTINE PRIESTS

Ah! Technology.

From my phone.

The Retreat is too short, but the blessing of evening and morning prayers is beyond explanation to the worldly ear.  The point in the heart... is reached.

The silence we all commit to brings a heightened sense of the Divine Presence.  Already my heart is responding with fullness again.  How much the world's noise and chaos robs us of watching, wating and welcoming.

When we are told to guard our hearts we don't really know how.  A time out, a still quiet time in space, be it by the sea, in a study or on a mountain side where the wind and the sun give gifts of holiness, if we are open to receive, is all we need daily to renew and restore our being.

This morning I found a holy tree.  I picked grasses as I did with my grandmother as a child, as I did with my children and keep them safe in my note book.  I was given a pressed, 4 leaf clover, from Italy, by my room mate. Gifts of the Spirit.

I am soaking up the sounds of Latin Hymns my father used to sing in the choir. His wonderful voice in our parish church is like a water mark on all my life's pages.

Our free time is spent as we wish.  I am having coffee.  The music and Latin prayers stir my young self back to life. I am resusitated.  

Of course our soul is young or old, but it does not age as our bodies age.  I am infused again with The Holy Spirit. I thank the Creator for his mercy and love.

I will share pictures of my holy tree when I figure out how. 

To the Unknown Region, Beloveds.  I pray peace endures and may all whom you love love you always and may HaShem our God bless and keep you safe. Be honourable in all your ways.

Love and Light my Lovelies.
Love and Light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 0006 Post - Depression and Unexpected Consequences

JORDAN PETERSON, 12 RULES FOR LIFE